Our newsletters are sent out to all members on a Quarterly basis, but are also published here. Do notify our committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not receiving your newsletter or wish to comment on anything in it.
I hope you and your horses are well and that you have got through the lockdown safe and sane.
We have now received the official advice from British Riding Clubs (BRC) on the running of events and what this will mean for our club activities. We have put together a brief run-down below on how the rules will impact our events, please take the time to read them so you know what to expect when you book.
For the time being, BRC advise no competitive riding. So while we have a date in the diary for August dressage, this can only be confirmed once we receive further advice from BRC. We are, of course, bound by their guidelines and rules as Limpsfield Riding Club is affiliated to BRC.
Our clinics, however, can start again and we are delighted to say we have a packed schedule of events for the summer. We start on 2nd July at Four Elms with the fantastic physio Andy Thomas MCSP, HCPC. This is Andy’s second visit to Limpsfield Riding Club, and we’re sure he will once again be a popular date in the diary. Andy is a physio who specialises in working with riders to identify and assess weakness and imbalances. He is currently the high performance human science and sports medicine advisor to the USA equestrian teams and is the director of Eventphysio Ltd and the developer of Testt, a system of assessing imbalances and weaknesses in equestrian riders. His full bio can be found on the link below. www.testt.co.uk/andy-
Sessions are 60 minutes for the initial assessment during which Andy will see you ride in straight lines and circles in the school. Off the horse he will then address any asymmetry. You will then finish by riding again using if appropriate the Testt resistance bands and equipment and you will be given rehab exercises to work on at home. The cost of this session is £90.
If you have seen Andy before you may prefer the shorter 30 minute session which does not include the assessment and costs £65. Please note, this option is only for those who have seen Andy before.
Our ever-popular trainer Leanne Wall will be teaching at Felbridge Showground this summer, with her first clinic for us on 14th July. We have four slots, three of which have already been taken but there is a 10.30am time still available – please book now to avoid disappointment. Leanne will be back at Felbridge on 13 August – with slots at 9am, 10.30am and 4.45pm. Please specify your 1st and 2nd preferred time slot when you book.
In August we welcome back the lovely Emma McGurk to Four Elms where she will be running her popular polework sessions again. These will be limited to two groups only – so eight riders in total – book early places are sure to go quickly.
Limpsfield Riding Club – social distancing guidelines
- Events will be run with greater segregation, which means limited entries and larger gaps between competitors and/or clinics.
- Only members of Limpsfield Riding Club can enter our clinics and competitions at the moment, as we need to keep full records of all attendees.
- Only one rider and one helper to attend, please arrive in a single vehicle where possible.
- Anyone with any Covid-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms are urged not to attend, however mild. Anyone considered vulnerable should stay at home.
- Riders are allowed to wear soft facemasks that cover the mouth and nose if they wish.
- All entries to be paid via MRL in advance – no cash will be taken on the day. Any queries please communicate via our email address or our Facebook page.
- No refreshments will be available at events and members are asked not to enter the secretary’s box for any reason.
- Please wash your hands regularly at the venue – hand sanitisers will be available. Avoid touching anything other than your own equipment if at all possible.
- When attending LRC clinics at any venue, please ride straight to the school at the appropriate time and straight back to your transport afterwards. Please avoid going anywhere else on the premises if possible and please do not borrow equipment from anyone.
- Parking will be 5m apart where possible. If a steward is in attendance, please wait to be parked, otherwise, please park yourself allowing plenty of space.
- No dogs at all on-site.
- Please do not arrive too early and try to leave as soon as your clinic is finished.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines of staying at least 2m apart whilst riding and talking to the trainers.
If anyone has any queries on any of the above, please message via Facebook or via our email address limpsfieldridingclub@
Meanwhile, take care and stay safe.
Linda Walsh / Jenny Barry
Limpsfield Riding Club Committee