PLEASE READ OUR CLUB RULES BEFORE
YOU ATTEND ANY OF OUR EVENTS
- Hard safety hats to be worn at all times when mounted
- At dressage competitions no horses will compete in more than two classes, or be ridden in more thaN two tests
- For dressage competitions, tack to comply with British Dressage rules (please check on the BD website if uncertain)
- No spurs to be used in walk/trot tests
- Please be courteous to all other riders, particularly in the warm-up area where horses should pass left hand-to-left hand
- Please do not muck out your trailer/lorry at the venue and pick up droppings left around your vehicle
- No lunging at the venue
- The LRC Dressage Series runs from March to November, with a Championship Show for those qualifying held in September
- Horses and riders placed in the top six at any LRC dressage competition will qualify for the Championship Show
- Formal attire to be worn at the Championship Show
- Restricted classes are for those horse and rider combinations who do not have any BD points at that level or have not won more than three riding club dressage classes at that level. Any horse and rider that this applies to should enter the Open section.
- The judges decision is final
- Entries are welcome from non-members, but preference will be given to members when numbers are limited. Please note that membership is for individuals, so to qualify for a members discount it must be the member riding. Horses belonging to members do not qualify for member rates.
- In the event of cancellation entry fees will be returned, minus a £2 administration fee.
Memorial Fun Ride rules and conditions
Conditions of Entry
The Course: The route will be clearly marked and must be followed. It includes private farmland and bridleways. There will be a small amount of roadwork when crossing from one area to another.Members of the public may be using the bridleways / route so please be alert and take all safety precautions.Steward’s instructions must be obeyed at all times. Stewards’ decisions are final. Please ride with consideration of horses in front and behind and politely ask to pass other riders if you need to.
Health and Safety: It is the responsibility of all entrants to wear correctly fitted and secured hard hats conforming to current British Standards. Consider wearing a body protector. All entrants under 16 years are to wear a body protector. Participants must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents.
Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. Qualified first aiders will be in attendance at the event and stewards will be in mobile phone contact with other ride organisers. High visibility clothing is recommended as the route involves a small amount of road work. Please carry a mobile phone (fully charged and with credit).
Insurance: All riders should have their own Public Liability Insurance (or be BRC members with covering insurance) and be aware that they ride at their own risk.
Inspection: Horses will be inspected for loose shoes and general soundness and inspection as a condition of entry. Tack must be in sound condition, especially stitching and holes on bridles, stirrup leathers and girth pulls. The decision of the inspecting officer is final.
Refunds: Entry fees will only be refunded on production of a doctor’s or vet’s certificate.
Procedures: On arrival, please report to the secretary to collect your number bib. You may proceed to the inspection area when you are ready to leave.
Water: There is no water at the site so participants should bring their own. The number of entries is strictly limited so we regret that we will not be able to accept entries on the day.
Refreshments and toilets: Will be at the start / finish at Lingfield Lodge Farm.
Disclaimer: No responsibility will be accepted by Limpsfield Riding Club, the organisers, the landowners or persons acting on their behalf for any accident, injury or damage to or loss of property suffered by participants or by any member of the public or by others in attendance.
Dogs: Please do not bring dogs to the event.